7th Envolve Award Greece Finalists announced
Envolve Entrepreneurship (https://envolveglobal.org/) has announced the 10 finalists of the 7th Envolve Award Greece who are in line to receive interest-free funding, mentorship and business support services. The finalists are also competing to receive additional cash prizes from public social media voting.
The finalists are a diverse group of inspiring teams, spanning Agritech, Digital Services, Fashion, Sharing Economy, Healthtech, Pharmaceuticals, Financial Services, and Hospitality & Tourism. They were selected from the many hundreds of high-quality applications after careful consideration by the Panel of Judges. The three industries that attracted the highest number of applications are Digital Services, Tourism and Food & Beverages. Increased participation was also evident in the Health Care and Education sectors. The competition received applications from all over Greece, with a strong involvement from businesses based in the areas of Attica, Macedonia and Peloponnese.
In addition to Envolve Award Greece, the finalists are eligible for the #GetEnvolved Award in which the public vote for their favourite finalists based on pitch videos via Envolve’s Facebook and Instagram channels (www.facebook.com/envolveGR and www.instagram.com/envolveGR). The three #GetEnvolved Award Winners will receive €3,000, €2,000 and €1,000 respectively, regardless of the main Envolve Award Greece results.
The Winners of the 7th Envolve Award Greece and the #GetEnvolved Award will be declared during July 2020.
Jimmy Athanasopoulos, Chairman of Envolve Entrepreneurship, commented: “This year’s finalists announcement is taking place during an unparalleled pandemic, but this does not diminish our commitment to support entrepreneurship in Greece. Greek start-ups have not only shown resilience through a crisis but have also grasped the opportunity to flourish. We stand by our Envolve family of winners and finalists and continue our hard work supporting start-ups. This year’s competition shows that there is a wealth of talent and excellence in business ideas with versatile and dynamic growth prospects in our country, which represents a silver lining during these difficult times.”
During the pandemic Envolve’s team has been following the guidelines of the Greek Ministry of Health, through teleworking while postponing all events and monthly meetups. The team has been focusing its efforts on extending its support to the start-up community, by curating a Survival Kit (https://envolveglobal.org/resources/survival-kit/) aimed at anyone facing business challenges. The Survival Kit includes resources and information to mitigate risk, increase productivity, network and enrich the business ecosystem. Envolve in Greece also rolled out new free tools, as well as supported and participated in live webinars for start-up survival and virtual pitching tips.
Alexandros Nousias, Country Director of Envolve Entrepreneurship in Greece, commented: “We continue to roll-out more resources for entrepreneurs, helping them to adapt to the current global crisis. We are proud to see that Envolve alumni are stepping forward to offer their help to start-ups. We are in constant communication with many key stakeholders from the Greek and European start-up community, in order to offer tangible support to new and early stage businesses across Greece. The Greek start-up ecosystem is strong, showing unity and action.”
Envolve’s mission rests on three main pillars: education, resources and awards. The non-profit organization provides education for start-up and early-stage businesses, leveraging partnerships that increase the availability of entrepreneurship resources.
The award programme, which was founded in Greece by the Libra Group on behalf of The Hellenic Initiative, enjoys the backing of many organizations that have stepped forward in support of the Envolve Awards both in Greece and the USA. Since 2012, Envolve has declared 27 award winners in Greece, operating in 17 sectors. These winners have contributed to the Greek economy with the creation of more than 1,800 new jobs and have a combined valuation exceeding €300 million. Supporters in Greece include Amazon, Antidote, Atraktos, Epixeiro.gr, I.A.D.R., Intracom Telecom, Ioannis Vassardanis & Partners Law Form, Jalouise PTY LTD, Lykourezos Law Offices, Microsoft, Moore, People for Business, Prisma Consulting, Reed Smith, SAP Hellas, V+O Communication and White Room.
The 7th Envolve Award Greece Finalists are:
- Collaborate Healthcare: Collaborate Healthcloud is an AI powered modern patient management & collaboration tool, facilitating diagnostic and communication tasks. Collaborate helps doctors reduce errors and increase patient compliance enabling team-based diagnosis, error detection and patient follow up.
Applicants: Kostas Saridakis, Yiannis Deliyiannis, Giorgos Tsovilis, Angelina Grammatikaki
- Finclude: Finclude is a creditworthiness and affordability score provider, enabling financial institutions and individuals to universally assess the financial standing of a user, by utilizing AI and machine learning, on top of open banking APIs (Application Programming Interfaces). Finclude promotes the financial well-being of individuals and enables them to get fair access to credit, based on their up to date financial data.
Applicants: Ioanna Stanegloudi, Yiannis Giokas
- com: Grekaddict.com is a travel experience platform that redefines corporate culture, offering innovative experiential employee rewards, client gift cards and team building activities. Grekaddict’s goal is to help companies cultivate stronger brand cultures, boost their employees’ motivation, and reward high performance with once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
Applicants: Souzana Theodoridou
- Guestflip: GuestFlip is a Guest Analytics and Reputation Monitoring platform, which helps hotels increase guest satisfaction and achieve higher occupancy rates. Through a user-friendly dashboard, hotels can make data-driven decisions, monitor user-generated content and respond to reviews 70% faster, with automated and personalized AI-powered responses.
Applicants: Stratos Botis, Aris Pattakos
- Inagros: Inagros offers famers and agronomists a web platform that collects data from sensors and satellites. Inagros aims to become part of the smart-farming evolution through automation and sustainable management.
Applicants: Andreas Zerkoulis, Dimitris Drosos, Vassilis Kassimatis, Vasilis Laskos, Giorgos Kormazos, Vasso Varvoutsi
- MOJOOLS: Mojools is a fine jewelry brand that gives its clients the ability to become the creators of their own, custom jewelry.
The company has designed a unique, patent-pending, mechanism by which removable ornaments (“mojools”) can easily be attached to rings, bracelets, pendants and earrings. Mojools presents a new type of jewelry which offers unprecedented customization possibilities.
Applicants: Periklis Galanakis, Kyriakos Agiannidis, Rania Alvanou, Konstantinos Karaterzis
- Parkaround: ParkAround is an online parking service marketplace, delivering technological transformation of the industry through the ‘ParkAround’ application. It is available in 200+ car parks near airports, ports and city centres in Greece & Cyprus. The company also offers ParkAdoro, a tailor-made online ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system for the parking market, enabling car parks to efficiently service their customers.
Websites: https://www.parkaround.com, https://www.parkadoro.com
Applicants: John Katsiotis, Kostas Arkadas
- Rodi Pharmaceuticals: Rodi Pharmaceuticals operates in the fertility healthcare sector having developed a series of innovative products that address female infertility. The products, which comprise mainly natural ingredients, are the result of many years of clinical trials, followed by international patent filings, granted and pending.
Rodi Pharmaceuticals' upcoming product lines, which are at the final research stage, include products for the enhancement of male fertility, as well as prescription drugs for the regulation of immune and metabolic disorders.
Applicants: Barbara Geladakis, Dora Vardis, George Deligiannis, Dr. Youla Leftherioti Barla, Maria Goutsou, Senator Lou Raptakis, Dr.Christine Warnke, Χ.Balamotis, Silda Wall Spitzer, Eric Stangvik, S.Chaimandos
- Spaceprk: Spaceprk is an online marketplace for short-term bookings of event spaces and properties. Spaceprk makes searching and booking easy, by matching owners to renters in search of unique spaces for parties, film productions, work events, and more. To date, Spaceprk properties have been featured in movies, TV series and music videos as well as corporate and private events. Established in February 2019, Spaceprk is already expanding into Ecuador, Chile, United States, UK, China, and India.
Applicants: Zeta Nikolakopoulou, Christina Nikolakopoulou, Charalampos Mantas, Christos Denedios, Alexandros Ioakimidis, Theodoris Stefou, Caitie Parsos, Darren Chen, Oriana Jacome, Victoria Meythaler
- Weddin: Weddin is a platform offering digital wedding planning services for couples, and a marketplace for vendors. Weddin services include a smart digital app for modern couples and innovative digital services for wedding vendors. The company aims to make wedding planning less stressful and turn Greece into a worldwide wedding destination.
Applicants: Ioannis Konstantinidis, Eleonora Garyfallou, Antonis Georgopoulos
For more information about the 10 finalists, click here.