Grace Hotels 任命 Philippe M.E.为首席执行官
- Leading hotelier joins award winning Grace Hotels Group
Grace Hotels, the newly established luxury boutique hotel and residences group, has announced the appointment of leading hotelier Philippe M.E. Requin as Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The appointment comes at the end on an exciting debut year for the group in which its first property, Grace Mykonos, won the European Hotel Design of the Year Award. Effective from February 1, 2008, the new CEO will have responsibility for defining and managing the strategic direction of the group including its expansion plans. Mr Requin, 45, brings more than 20 years’ experience with some of the world’s leading hospitality brands to his new role. In recent years he has transformed the Intercontinental Aphrodite Hills Resort into one of Europe’s finest fully integrated resorts.
Between 2003 and 2005, he served as CEO of Elegant Heritage Mauritius & Voile D’Or Resort and Spa. Prior to that, he successfully held senior positions in some of the most renowned clubs and resorts such as the Empire Hotel & Country Club, (Brunei), Naiade Resorts (Mauritius), Sun International, Le Touressrok Hotel (Mauritius) and Hilton International (Singapore).During his career Philippe Requin has received many accolades, including:
- Named ‘one of the world’s top 5 hoteliers’ in the 2001 UK Tatler Awards
- Under his leadership Le Touressrok was named “The Best of The Best in the World” by Condé Nast
- ‘General Manager of the Year” at Sun International
- Named ‘Food & Beverage Manager of the year’, by American Express & Hospitality Magazine
- Established The Quality Institute In Mauritius, of which he was made President.
Commenting on the appointment, Felix Bitzios, COO of Grace Hotels’ parent company, First Mediterranean Investments, said: “With over two decades of experience, Philippe has demonstrated leadership skills and an exceptional understanding of the hospitality industry and emerging trends. He is ideally suited to manage the evolution of this new boutique hotel concept.”