Part of our responsibility in running an international business is to maximise our contribution to communities among whom we work while minimising environmental impact. Another part of that responsibility is to actively give something back. We do this through a series of managed programmes and initiatives which are broadly linked to the themes of community support and assisting people who have been denied or have limited opportunity.
Our Social Responsibility initiatives comprise:
- Libra Internship Programme: Internships
for more than 100 students each year enabling bright young people
to experience the world through the eyes of an international
- Entrepreneurship Awards: Currently
focussed on Greece and the United States, these awards seek to
stimulate entrepreneurial spirit through the provision of practical
support and start-up funding.
- Concordia: The Libra Group is the
founding sponsor of this non-profit organization that seeks to
promote public-private partnerships.
- The Seleni Institute: A New York-based
organisation that addresses women's reproductive and maternal
- Libra Mentorship Programme: A series of
year-long mentorships provided principally to young people of
colour, first generation college students, and students who face
- The Grace Foundation: A charity support
programme representing our hotel businesses, including
match-funding between the Libra Group and hotel guests.
- Libra Fellowships: Selective funding of
students in further and higher education with the broad objective
of creating opportunity for tomorrow's leaders.
- My Brother's Keeper Alliance
(MBKA): Libra Group is a founding sponsor of this
non-profit organization launched by President Barack Obama and
aimed at eliminating opportunity and achievement gaps for boys and
young men of colour.
- Youth Empowerment Conference: An annual
conference targeting young people subject to achievement and
opportunity gaps. Comprising a series of workshops designed to
prepare young people for the workplace.
- Corporate Giving: At its discretion the Libra Group chooses to support a variety of causes that fall outside the scope of the above primary initiatives.
- Hotels and Hospitality
- Real Estate
- Diversified Investments
- Holding Companies
- All Subsidiaries
- Social Responsibility
- Libra Internship Programme: Internships for more than 100 students each year enabling bright young people to experience the world through the eyes of an international business.
- Global Reach
- Track Record